Configuration file error

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ericmcclain

Configuration file error

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 pm

I tried to save my project and got a "can't find configuration file in library error". My configuration file is in the library/preferences/black magic resolve folder but the program will not launch now. I looked in the resolve log and this is what it showed:

"Start saving project BECU Mortgage
[0x7fff7be75180] | DbCommon2 | INFO | 2013-03-24 14:02:18,496 | Assertion failed at DbSerializable.cpp(2151) -- SaveDataToFile! file.open(QIODevice::WriteOnly | QIODevice::Truncate | QIODevice::Text)
[0x7fff7be75180] | SyManager.ProjectManager | INFO | 2013-03-24 14:02:18,566 | Saving project took 767 ms
[0x7fff7be75180] | SyManager.ProjectManager | ERROR | 2013-03-24 14:02:18,569 | Error detected while performing <Save Project>: Failed to save the current project BECU Mortgage
[0x7fff7be75180] | Undefined | ERROR | 2013-03-24 14:02:26,092 | Failed to save project BECU Mortgage"

What do I need to do to resolve this? (no pun intended)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Configuration file error

PostMon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm

That message chunk you provided does not seem to be related to the Resolve launch issue.

If you have messed about with the /Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve folder, note that there is also a hidden .config.data file. If that was missing or messed up, might cause a launch issue.

Send your Mac System Profile .spx file, and a Resolve CaptureLogs .tgz file to davincihelp (AT) blackmagicdesign (DOT) com and we can take a look to try and determine what's going on. Please reference this thread in the email so we know what it relates to.

For the .tgz file, open a Finder window, and navigate to the /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve folder and double click CaptureLogs. That will place a DaVinci-Resolve-logs-xxx-xxx.tgz file on your desktop.

For the .spx file, click on the Apple icon in the upper left of the display and select "About This Mac". Then click on More Info and then System Report. In the System Information menus at the top of the display, select the File menu, then Save.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve