Fairlight Index causes crash in windows 10 - 14 b9

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Devis

Fairlight Index causes crash in windows 10 - 14 b9

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 am

Add audio tracks and go to the FL page and then turn them on and off in the index - the bottom track seems to work fine, but then select any other and you get a total crash.

Also, I assume this is how it is supposed to work, but if you set an In point in the FL page, just moving the playhaed drags an Out point without the need to hit O ...

Reynaud Venter

Re: Fairlight Index causes crash in windows 10 - 14 b9

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 am

Andrew Devis wrote:Add audio tracks and go to the FL page and then turn them on and off in the index - the bottom track seems to work fine, but then select any other and you get a total crash.
Perhaps isolated to the Windows version, since no crash is experiencing on OS X.

Also, I assume this is how it is supposed to work, but if you set an In point in the FL page, just moving the playhaed drags an Out point without the need to hit O ...
Use this a lot to visually track a selection range during playback. Nice little helper.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Andrew Devis wrote:Add audio tracks and go to the FL page and then turn them on and off in the index - the bottom track seems to work fine, but then select any other and you get a total crash.

Can you share a crash log and system details?
please review
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54509
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Andrew Devis

PostMon Sep 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:

Can you share a crash log and system details?
please review
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54509

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llfk1npischw ... wuUga?dl=0

I was looking at timeline 5 which has 6 audio tracks
Machine - windows 10, 64G, i7, GTX 980

Return to DaVinci Resolve