Clip Volume Control on the waveform not working properly

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Miltos Pilalitos

Clip Volume Control on the waveform not working properly

PostSat Sep 02, 2017 11:32 pm

When In Fairlight tab, sometimes:

If i click on a clip's volume level to adjust up or down, the volume drops to the BOTTOM of the waveform

If i click on a clip's volume level to adjust up or down, the volume jumps to the TOP of the waveform.

If i Alt+Click on a clip's volume level to add a handle, the volume level drops to the BOTTOM of the waveform.

If i manage to Alt+Click on a clip's volume level and add a few handles, then when i try to adjust one of them it drops to the BOTTOM of the waveform and can't be adjusted anymore.

Adjusting the volume on the same clip as well as adding/adjusting handle points on the Edit page is working properly.

I haven't pinpointed the exact conditions this happens. It feels random at the moment. If i change from the Fairlight Tab to the Edit Tab, do some work and then return to the Fairlight tab it could work again.

Win10, beta09
Windows 10 x64 • Threadripper 1950x • 64GB RAM • RTX 4090 24GB • Latest Nvidia drivers
Fusioneer since Fu4.0 • Resolver since v9

Return to DaVinci Resolve