Resolve 14 Now Crashes on Startup if AntiVirus Active

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Euan Robertson

Resolve 14 Now Crashes on Startup if AntiVirus Active

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Hello,

After installing the final version of Resolve 14 (14.0.0.078 according to the installer), the application no longer starts, and crashes at the splash screen. After a clean install (uninstalling the application and deleting "ProgramData") the application will start the tour and initial setup, but will crash at "Looking for Control Surface" on the splash screen. Subsequent runs will not even show the splash screen.

In Resource Monitor, Resolve.exe is listed as "Suspended" and cannot be closed ("Access is Denied") even when runnning ResMon as admin.

The logs can be found below. If you need the dmp file too let me know, but it is ~100mb There are a lot of references to "Failed to load user preferences" and "socket failed to connect to server, error: 10061" in the logs.

hxxxx://xxx.dropbox.com/s/bt62cp4j2tc9moj/logs.zip?dl=0

I have been using the Beta versions up to b7 without this particular issue, however reinstalling b7 now gives me the exact same crash.

Win10x64
Geforce GTX 970
Last edited by Euan Robertson on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Euan Robertson

Re: Resolve 14 Now Crashes on Startup

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 pm

After some more investigation, the problem appears to be with my virus scanner (AVG Antivirus Free). If that is disabled when starting Resolve, it works as intended.

Will update the title to reflect this.

crystal

Re: Resolve 14 Now Crashes on Startup if AntiVirus Active

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm

This problem occurred for me when I was connected to VPN (not AntiVirus, but along the same lines). Turning it off allowed me to start without (another) hitch!

Return to DaVinci Resolve