Any Avid users out there?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steven Loret

Any Avid users out there?

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 9:13 pm

I have been working with Avid MC for many years. Would love to leave it behind and move to Resolve. But I can't seem to work the way I would like to in Resolve.

I work in long-form documentary which means a lot (a lot) of footage. For each day I usually stack all audio and video in sync on it's own timeline. (Till now I have used plurleyes to sync). Then I chop it up to create subclips, which holds everything in sync. I even subclip the audio between takes as every now and then it us useful to have.

As far as I can tell in Resolve: If I use the sync by waveform option, I can't get at the audio between takes without a lot of effort. And there is no way to create subclips from footage in a timeline. Creating compound clips doesn't really cut it as you can't work with individual audio tracks unless you decompose each clip after you cut it into a timeline. Too tedious.

Anyone else run into this or have suggestions? Especially those familiar with Avid?

Return to DaVinci Resolve