Resolve 14 playback speed vs Premiere

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Harrington

Re: Resolve 14 playback speed vs Premiere

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 pm

I see no problem....

Seeing that I uninstalled PPRO it would be hard for a screen shot....

Take my word for it though. I am not an adobe fanboy. I have fully switched to Davinci.
Adobe playback speed is very hard to beat.

That being said...I too would like to see a speed comparison...but not just with H264. Prores/redcode...far more important to me.

Jean Claude

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 pm

You are totally right. we have to compare what is comparable. Thank you. :)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Andrew Kolakowski

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 6:42 pm

John Paines wrote:Readers other than Andrew who are interested in this question can refer to

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

It's a post from Adobe tech support, dated January 2017, which reads in part:

When importing video and audio into Adobe Premiere Pro, it processes versions of these files that it can readily access for faster performance. These are referred to as "media cache" files. These are stored in the Media Cache Files folder. In addition, there is a folder containing a database, which retains links to each of the media cache files. These are referred to as "media cache database" files. They are located in the Media Cache folder.

Current users of Premiere need only have a look at the appropriate directory, to confirm that the folders Premiere creates can become quite large:

Mac: /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common
Windows: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

And no Andrew, I'm not going to re-install Premiere , so as to provide you with a few gigabytes of files. You wouldn't believe me anyway. Premiere users have all the evidence at hand, and can come to their own conclusions, they don't need either of us.

It took long time, but here is specially for your answer from:
Patrick Palmer
Senior Product Manager for Video Editing at Adobe
https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/a ... ck-palmer/

"We definitely don’t generate any proxies or helper files – H.264 is served straight up."
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve