dr 14 fairlight automation edit

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jean-Philippe Badoui

dr 14 fairlight automation edit

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 am

I have search a while, but couldn't find a way to edit automation curve in the fairlight page with the mouse
Any idea?

Reynaud Venter

Re: dr 14 fairlight automation edit

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

Not supported yet.

Page 1181 of the manual:
"At the time of this writing, automation data cannot be deleted, edited, copied, or pasted. However, you can use the undo command to undo automation recording immediately after it’s been recorded, and you can always overwrite previously written automation."
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Adelson Munhoz

Re: dr 14 fairlight automation edit

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 1:47 am

A related issue is, when I import any of my projects made in DR 12 that used audio track keyframing, DR 14 converts it to Fairlight automation.

In other words, I cannot adjust them anymore. Worse than that: this "imported automation" not always follows the old keyframes.

I am also having a hard time just to see the "imported automation". It only appears when I turn on the recording of a new automation.

In my opinion this is an urgent issue to be addressed, because breaks the compatibility between versions.

Return to DaVinci Resolve