Does Retime Curve work with Audio?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rob Cooley

Does Retime Curve work with Audio?

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 1:39 am

I appologize if this has already been asked somewhere, but I have been looking around a lot for an answer and I can't seem to find one. I have tried using the retime curve on several clips in both Resolve 12.5 and 14. It works well for the video, but the linked audio track is not effected and continues to play at the speed the clip starts. Example, I start a clip at 100% speed, 5 seconds in I use a retime curve to slow it down to 50%, but the audio continues at 100%. Am I missing something, or does this tool just not effect audio playback speed at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason Rushin

Re: Does Retime Curve work with Audio?

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 am

I'm having the same issue in Resolve 14.0.0.078 on Windows 10 Home v1703 build 15063.608.

When I change the speed of a portion of a clip, the audio does not adjust accordingly, which forces the remainder of the clip's audio to be mismatched.

Seems like retime affects the video but not the audio, so the audio plays at "normal" speed. Even if I cut a clip into 3, then just retime the middle, the audio still gets mismatched.

Any help out there? (Toggling "pitch correction" on/off does nothing.)

Harry Steinhäuser

Re: Does Retime Curve work with Audio?

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 pm

I asked for this two weeks ago..
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=64155
MacPro lt.2013 / DaVinci latest Studio version

Return to DaVinci Resolve