Davinci Resolve 14 issue with rendering 5.1 audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

gbk905

Davinci Resolve 14 issue with rendering 5.1 audio

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

There was a bug in the beta versions of Resolve 14 that apparently prevented exporting anything but stereo audio even if the project has 5.1 surround tracks.

So far, using the RELEASE version of Resolve 14, I seem to be having the same problem. Export always only gives me stereo, no 5.1 audio options when rendering.

Is this really still an issue in the release version that just came out?

If not, what am I doing wrong? There are 5.1 audio tracks in my timeline but export seems to refuse to render anything more than stereo. All answers I've searched for online are either outdated or don't apply to Resolve 14, especially since the release version is so new.

I'm making use of the new Fairlight features and need to export 5.1 audio for a DCP, so it would really be annoying if I really have to go back to Vegas Pro and redo the entire sound design if BM really released 14 with this bug intact. I'm hoping I just missed an obvious option somewhere.

Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated.

Return to DaVinci Resolve