Resolve Studio (Linux) Pre-Purchase Issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Doug Marsh

Resolve Studio (Linux) Pre-Purchase Issues

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 am

I actually had the Decklink moments ago ready to be processed via Amazon (Studio 4K) and switched over to B&H https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1196612-REG/blackmagic_design_dv_resstud_davinci_resolve.html

Saw this text "Linux Compatible Only with Resolve Panel" and immediately cancelled the order on Amazon. Confusion is expected, but I just want clarification because I was ready to pull trigger BECAUSE "This item is nonreturnable" (from B&H).

Perhaps somebody else knows of a better seller that has more accurate / correct information. I hate to reward a company for adding to the confusion (I've purchased from B&H before, but probably won't purchase anything more from them because of this confusion).

--Doug

Doug Marsh

Re: Resolve Studio (Linux) Pre-Purchase Issues

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 12:44 am

Additionally... Looking at a few resellers... They only are selling 12 and not 14 so ... Guess nobody can purchase 14 for ANY OS.

--Doug (dx9s)

Tero Ahlfors

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 am

You can only use the Blackmagic panels (advanced, mini, micro) on the linux version. So no Avid Artist, Tangent etc.

Doug Marsh

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Tero Ahlfors wrote:You can only use the Blackmagic panels (advanced, mini, micro) on the linux version. So no Avid Artist, Tangent etc.

Wait WHAT? I read that backwards then. (pulls up another tab and looks at said hardware) I tried to look for panel information and failed at navigating the products to find them. In any case additional confusion and/or lack of information.

Blackmagic Design MARKETING DEPARTMENT *HINT* *HINT* .. (I have experiences with marketing folks)

--Doug (dx9s)

Return to DaVinci Resolve