Keyboard Mapping Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

George Boulder

Keyboard Mapping Issue

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm using version 14.0.0.078

If I want to change the shortcut of a command to "s" a pop-up informs me that it is already in use by "editToggleSlipSlide." Whenever I change a command shortcut to one that already exists for another command, that preexisting shortcut does not automatically get deleted, instead now both commands have the same shortcut and using that shortcut has no effect one way or the other. So I find the other command and manually delete or change its shortcut. But in this case I cannot seem to find this other command "editToggleSlipSlide" even if I do a "Shortcut" search for "s" nothing like that pops up. Is there a way I can change the shortcut of a command like that so I can free up that key for another command? Or is there a way that pre-existing shortcuts can be automatically deleted when re-purposing a key? Or another way I can fix this issue? Thanks.

AlexanderDyer

Re: Keyboard Mapping Issue

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 pm

I having the same issue in 14.0.1. The keyboard mapping editor seems to be broke. When I choose to map a function with a "Q" for example, I get an alert that Q has already been used and would I like to cancel or change. I select change but then there is a ! in a yellow triangle. I have gone so far as to delete all other alert mappings but this does not solve the problem.
Davinci Resolve 14.0.1.008
Windows 10
Intel i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50GHz
16 GB RAM
64 Bit operating system

Carlos Agulló

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Same issue on Resolve Studio 14.2 on Mac OS Sierra. Only with the S key as far, but really annoying!
Carlos Agulló
http://www.imdb.me/carlosagullo
fb.com/losdemasdias
twitter.com/losdemasdias
#LosDemásDías

Kye Leslie

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 3:12 am

Same issue with v15.0.0.086 on OSX v10.13.6

I had the keyboard shortcut set in v14 and now I upgraded to v15 it shows as a conflict with the same error message as previous posts. Unfortunately selecting Change doesn't fix the conflict, and when I search for either the shortcut key or the function is is supposedly mapped to there are no results.

Happy to provide more details - just ask.

Did anyone find a workaround to these "ghost" keyboard conflicts?

[EDIT: I fixed it by exporting / editing / reimporting the command set.. it's strange that the command in the file wasn't displayed by the GUI]

Return to DaVinci Resolve