Audio Output Track channel assignments

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

LouHemsey

Audio Output Track channel assignments

PostThu Sep 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi guys, New to the group.

Can anyone shed some light on the following,
I'm trying to route audio (A1) to tracks 1&2, AS WELL AS 11&12 . . . The same for the master Out assignments.

I can do this in 12.5, but was not able to do this in the two Beta versions of 14.
When I inquired at Blackmagic (for the 4th time), they told me that now with the "release version of 14," I can.

Before I download the release version of 14, can anyone confirm this can be done with the new release version. My spider sense says, based on their literature, we only have up to 8 assigns available was opposed to 16 in other NLE's.

Obviously, don;t want to continually have to go back and forth between 12.5 and 14 downloads as before.

Thanks to all and anyone who can shed some definitive light on this.

Lou

Lou Hemsey Music and Film :)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Audio Output Track channel assignments

PostThu Sep 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Audio in v14 is quite different to 12.5, and much more powerful.

You can have multiple Main bus, Aux, and multichannel busses, and assigned any track to be mixed into these busses and channels within these bus'.

If you are not keen to update till you see, there are now multiple chapters in the manual for audio.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

LouHemsey

PostFri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am

Peter:
Thanks for the quick reply.

Am I to understand that there are a total of 16 channels possible for Track, Sub and most importantly THE MAIN OUTS as well... as opposed to 8 channels as I was told which would not solve the issue. So far nobody can confirm.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
Lou
Lou Hemsey Music and Film

Reynaud Venter

PostSun Sep 24, 2017 5:56 am

LouHemsey wrote:Am I to understand that there are a total of 16 channels possible for Track, Sub and most importantly THE MAIN OUTS as well... as opposed to 8 channels as I was told which would not solve the issue.
Resolve currently accesses the first 16 physical hardware outputs of the assigned audio device in Preferences.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

LouHemsey

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Reynaud, thank you for your response below...
<<Resolve currently accesses the first 16 physical hardware outputs of the assigned audio device in Preferences.>>

Do you know if the Free version of resolve ala the preferences and audio hardware outputs, is the same as the paid version?

I have a MOTU 896HD as my audio interface and need to be able to output to 11&12 as I indicated before.

Thanks,

Lou

Return to DaVinci Resolve