Location of Autosave Vault

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ElliotMSmith

Location of Autosave Vault

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 2:21 am

I'm sure this has been answered before but I haven't been able to find anything that led me to the autosave files. I'm working on a project, it backs up every 20 minutes, 8 versions of the backup, I can see it save periodically, this is on my work machine.

So basically my Resolve project became corrupted, I told it to quit, it asked me if I wanted to save, I said yes, during the requested save the autosave kicked in, and then it quit out. Everything looked fine, but now the project file won't open. Resolve 12.5

Digging into the backups via Resolves Settings, the most recent backup was pretty recent but it was corrupted (crashed on opening), probably the autosave that happened during my manual save. The next newest one was 2 hours older than that, there's no way I saved out or somehow blocked 2 hours of autosaves, that's just impossible, and I'm certain I saw the save progress bar happen. I'm sure there's newer autosaves than the ones I have, but they aren't showing in the backup list, and I do have a DISK database here. Where are they if I wanted to find them in the finder? There should be .drp's somewhere shouldn't there?

Now I've already delivered this show before the save crapped out the project file, so I need the project file in case there's changes next week. Thanks in advance for any help.
ElliotTheColorist.com

Jack Swart

Re: Location of Autosave Vault

PostSat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 am

Assuming you did not change the location of the database, it should be in /library/application support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Resolve Disk Database/Resolve Projects/user/your name/projects.

The folders are the names of the projects and the backups are have the prefix ATS followed by the project name and date.

Or just search for ATS in finder.....

Switch to DR14 as this is so much simpler as it uses a single file for the entire project. Easier to backup too.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Return to DaVinci Resolve