Couple Bugs + question + feature request

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MichielRotgans

Couple Bugs + question + feature request

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 am

Hey Guys,

I love Resolve a lot and so many good additions in 14, thanks for that. I found a couple of bugs, I pointed it to someone at IBC but thought let's put it here also.

- Somewhere around 14 beta 2 the short cut to move clips up and down on the timeline disappeared. You used alt + arrow (up/down) for that and now it's not working anymore. It's only on mac, on windows it's till working. It also disappeared from the menu in settings.

- The push transition is broken. If you have two clips on top of each other and put it on the upper clip, tekst or compound clip both of them will be pushed. Even the guys from Boris FX have the same problem with their push transition. At IBC you guys said it is definitely broken.

- Since 14 is out of beta I'm not able to drag and drop projects from on database to another in the project window anymore.

Question:
Sometimes I find myself in a very short settings menu. I can't select live save anymore. Why is this and why did this change this way?

Feature requests:
- Having a compound clip with a transparant background. I know you can use layer blend modes but sometimes it makes part of your logo, clip transparant you don't want to.

- When your editing a compound clip that you have a visible reference of the length of the clip on the timeline it's nested in.

- For tekst clips, I know you can have a drop shadow on the tekst itself but I would like to have a drop shadow on the background box

Cheers guys!

Return to DaVinci Resolve