BUG - R14 Tracking Error with clips set to "Crop"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andy Witkowski

BUG - R14 Tracking Error with clips set to "Crop"

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm trying to track areas of a shot that are located in the upper lefthand portion of the shot. When I try to track it, using point cloud, no points/tracks ever show up and the track stops. If I move the track window to the center of the shot, track points appear inside and the track completes properly 100%. As I slowly move the track window to the upper lefthand portion of the shot and try tracking again, it looks like the track points "cut off" in the shape of 90 degree angle, like it reached the "corner" of the shot. Once I pass this "threshold," I can't track anything.

If I go into the edit tab, this is RED footage, and scaling process is set to "crop." This came in from a Premiere XML, too. Scale is 0.4 in a 1080 project. If I copy the clip and choose "Fit" and put scale to "1", I'm able to track ALL areas of the shot. This leads me to believe there is some kind of tracking bug using scaled footage set to "crop". It does't seem to be seeing the entire shot in my case. Please let me know if I should provide any other information and if anyone is able to look into this.

I'm on DaVinci Resolve 14.0.0.78.
MacOS 10.12.6.
Mac Pro (Late 2013).

Thanks!

Andy Witkowski

Re: BUG - R14 Tracking Error with clips set to "Crop"

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 pm

It looks like this exact issue appeared in 11, then went away in 11.1.2, and now it's back in 14.0.0.078?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=28105&p=183025&hilit=+center+crop+with+no+resizing+#p183025

Andy Witkowski

Re: BUG - R14 Tracking Error with clips set to "Crop"

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Can anyone tell me if the latest Resolve 14.1.1 update resolves (pun intended) this issue? I haven't upgraded our 2 STUDIO versions to the latest yet but may do so if this fix came through.

Return to DaVinci Resolve