Resolve 14 freezes when exporting from RAW clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Russ Sharp

Resolve 14 freezes when exporting from RAW clips

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Resolve 14.0.1.008 / Win 10 Pro 64 Build 15063 / i7-4770 / 16 GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / internal HDDs and SSDs / MBOX 2 & Fast Track Solo audio interfaces

I have historically round-tripped from Premiere Pro through Resolve for color work. I'm trying out Resolve 14 to see if I can simplify the workflow and stay inside of Resolve to edit.

I am having difficulty exporting timelines that include timelapse (JPG) or RAW (BMCC) clips. The progress is so slow that it appears nothing is happening, and the "time remaining" indicator just keeps ticking up. When left to render, a 10 second RAW clip took 4.5 hours. If I attempt to cancel the job, Resolve freezes and must be restarted. This happens when attempting to export to MXF or .MOV wrapped DNxHD or DNxHR, .mp4, and uncompressed output formats. When using optimized media for the timelapse/RAW clips, resolve gets partially through rendering the RAW clip before hitting the slow down.

I did not have these issues on this hardware previously with Resolve 12.5, however I was running Windows 7 at the time.

Is this an issue that anyone else has run into before? What troubleshooting could I pursue?

Russ Sharp

Re: Resolve 14 freezes when exporting from RAW clips

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 2:44 am

Anyone have any thoughts? Any further info I can provide?

Return to DaVinci Resolve