Dual Display Bug

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Doug Marsh

Dual Display Bug

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 pm

(see attached image full screen)

I know 'officially' Gnome (Redhat / CentOS) is supported and that Unity is going away soon (in theory) AND guessing that Gnome doesn't put any decorations on secondary displays that take up real-estate...

That said, you can see that the dual monitor mode assumes full screen, then creates a window that is still subject/managed by the window manger (Unity in my example) that pushes the screen down (and if launcher on left side of second monitor, push to right as well). Luckily I can disable the app launcher on 2nd display so I can access things on right side of screen and the pages/views at bottom are still accessible from primary display (somewhat on secondary display as well). This could still have issues on Gnome as well as I haven't tested!

Either a callback to handle screen request to resizing isn't implemented or the code to request placement on-top of normally occupied space isn't done. (not really sure of low level display code, only done a little GTK and Gtk# programming and that under Linux only).

Just thought the developers would want to know!

--Doug (dx9s)
Attachments
unknown.jpg
Displays how the 2nd display is shifted down by the menu-panel thing on top (unity)
unknown.jpg (954.88 KiB) Viewed 488 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve