DaVinci and successful HDR project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DarekSepiolo

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 4:44 pm

After years of using Final Cut I switched year ago to DaVinci for whole post production process of 3-episodes series Underwater Planet 4K HDR. Few weeks of adjusting to new tool and new technology from Red - IPP2 allowed me to plan HDR/SDR workflows. I hope the results will be broadcasted or streamed soon. For now I can share the series trailer.

HDR version:

SDR version:

Workflow... if you're interested
1. All underwater footage (c 100 GB daily) were copied to two separate drives for security. Usually at the evening there was always time to group clips, apply keywords, remove unwanted clips. I tried to keep only usable and if two looked similar I kept only one. Easier decisions during cutting.
2. Footage was imported to DaVinci Resolve and immediately I tried to group and cut clips into stories.
3. 99% of the footage came from Red Dragon camera. Raw setting in DR pref to have IPP2 Log3G10 and REDWideGammut as a starting point.
4. There was editor who did the cutting so I was back to DaVinci for HDR grading.
5. Color setup set to:

6. In Color Panle enable HDR Scopes for ST.2048
7. Get SDR and HDR Luts from REd.com and you'r ready to go.

Remembering about MaxFall (very rare problem) and general idea not to brighten whole scenes rather keeping them in midtone range and just letting small parts to shine made me feel like HDR grading wasnt a big deal. I used at start Sony BVM-X300 to set benchmarks but later Panasonic DX900 and Flanders DM170 set in HDR mode did their job very well and once we get Sony for final touch there was nothing to correct.

We did three 45-minutes episodes spending 2 months just on color grading. But that was great fun to work that way so probably one month would be OK.

We started with HDR version and just finding right LUT from Red for Rec.709 we've got in few minutes SDR version ready.
www.dareksepiolo.com

rick.lang

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Darek, so impressive. Thanks for sharing. Were you able to shoot anything HFR as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rick.lang on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Lang

DarekSepiolo

Re: DaVinci and successful HDR project

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 9:41 pm

rick.lang wrote:Daren, so impressive. Thanks for sharing. Were you able to shoot anything HFR as well?

The footage was shot in 5K or 4K at 50fps with the project set on camera to 25fps. I'm very much against so called "soap opera effect" so HFR was used for slow motion effects. The uderwater world looks even more majestic :)
www.dareksepiolo.com

Thierry Bergeron

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 am

Beautiful, thanks for the share

Piotr Wozniacki

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 am

Really beautiful, Darek - congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

I have a question for you, possibly related to MaxFall or other screen protection devices at action: when you stop playback of a HDR timeline so that a still frame is displayed, do you also notice how it darkens compared to the brightness of the screen at normal fps? With my Decklink 12G and Samsung SUHD TV, this is very apparent; it's a good thing for protecting the screen but makes the final touches with gain (or any other tool increasing brightness of those selective areas that really make are picture scream HDR) - but at the same time, it can make actually applying those final touches a bit of a guess ((hit and miss) work... I wonder if you see the same (and BTW, which video card and grading monitor/TV models are you using)?

Cheers

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Al Spaeth

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks - stunning - where was it shot?
Resolve 15.3 free Win 10 64bit

Dermot Shane

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:Really beautiful, Darek - congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

I have a question for you, possibly related to MaxFall or other screen protection devices at action: when you stop playback of a HDR timeline so that a still frame is displayed, do you also notice how it darkens compared to the brightness of the screen at normal fps

<snip>
it can make actually applying those final touches a bit of a guess ((hit and miss) work...

Not Darek, but i am gradeing a HDR project, first thought was to get it close on a LG B7, and the trim on the x300, reality is that i'm only working off the x300 - only turn on the LG when i want a larger image to evaluate, it's pretty annoying in all other ways

Jean Claude

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Darek, In any case: here are beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

rick.lang

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Darek, thanks. 50 fps capture for a 25 fps timeline is lovely. I was thinking that even higher speeds might be fascinating on some of the shots where a hunter snatches its prey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Carsten Sellberg

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 am

Hi.

First Thanks for sharing. I wonder if you tried to make a HLG HDR video?

When I try to play it on my LG OLED B6 with its new firmware update version 05.30.03 with HLG HDR. I am not sure if it is shown in HDR?
This when I try to play it from the TV's YouTube App:

So I tried with an another file who work:

http://4kmedia.org/travelxp-4k-hdr-hlg-sample/

But I found out that it dosn't show HLG HDR when played in the L6 OLED B6 TV's YouTube App.

So I wonder if it can be a YouTube problem?
I don't know if you have a place where I can try to download your clip from?

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

DarekSepiolo

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 11:41 am

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:Really beautiful, Darek - congratulations, and thanks for sharing!
I have a question for you, possibly related to MaxFall or other screen protection devices at action: when you stop playback of a HDR timeline so that a still frame is displayed, do you also notice how it darkens compared to the brightness of the screen at normal fps? With my Decklink 12G and Samsung SUHD TV, this is very apparent; it's a good thing for protecting the screen but makes the final touches with gain (or any other tool increasing brightness of those selective areas that really make are picture scream HDR) - but at the same time, it can make actually applying those final touches a bit of a guess ((hit and miss) work... I wonder if you see the same (and BTW, which video card and grading monitor/TV models are you using)?
Cheers
Piotr

Hi Piotr,
I haven't faced that problem. I use DeckLink MiniMonitor 4K and had Sony BVM-X300, Flanders DM1700 and Panasonic DX900 feed from the DeckLink with no issues.
Seems like the MaxFall problem of limiting energy consumption by UE regulations so your TV can't be too bright. Bureaucrats dictate you how to watch TV.
Cheers
www.dareksepiolo.com

DarekSepiolo

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 am

Al Spaeth wrote:Thanks - stunning - where was it shot?

3-espisodes series was shot on all 7 continents :) more than 40 diving locations
Cheers
www.dareksepiolo.com

DarekSepiolo

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 am

rick.lang wrote:Darek, thanks. 50 fps capture for a 25 fps timeline is lovely. I was thinking that even higher speeds might be fascinating on some of the shots where a hunter snatches its prey.

I'd love to have more FPS like 200 at 4K but 50fps@4K was a limit of my Red Dragon Scarlet camera. There is marketing tensions on 4K but I honestly would prefer good quality HD (with HDR) and more FPS in some cases. I still watch 720p films on my large 4K TV and they lookOK with proper viewing distance.
www.dareksepiolo.com

DarekSepiolo

PostSat Oct 21, 2017 11:54 am

Carsten Sellberg wrote:Hi.

First Thanks for sharing. I wonder if you tried to make a HLG HDR video?

When I try to play it on my LG OLED B6 with its new firmware update version 05.30.03 with HLG HDR. I am not sure if it is shown in HDR?
So I wonder if it can be a YouTube problem?
I don't know if you have a place where I can try to download your clip from?
Regards Carsten.

Hi Carsten,
I prepared HDR10 version.
I use Google Chromecast UHD on my Panasonic DX900 for viewing HDR content from YT. It recognises HDR content and marks it below film description.
www.dareksepiolo.com

Piotr Wozniacki

PostSun Oct 22, 2017 2:07 pm

DarekSepiolo wrote:Hi Piotr,
I haven't faced that problem. I use DeckLink MiniMonitor 4K and had Sony BVM-X300, Flanders DM1700 and Panasonic DX900 feed from the DeckLink with no issues.
Seems like the MaxFall problem of limiting energy consumption by UE regulations so your TV can't be too bright. Bureaucrats dictate you how to watch TV.
Cheers

Sure; at least I know it's not my Decklink doing this :)

Piotr

PS. Saving for a true HDR monitor, and since at 63 I don't have enough time for saving that much - seriously considering getting the Atomos Sumo....
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

DarekSepiolo

PostSun Oct 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Cheers[/quote]
Piotr

PS. Saving for a true HDR monitor, and since at 63 I don't have enough time for saving that much - seriously considering getting the Atomos Sumo....[/quote]

What true HDR monitor do you have in mind? Sony, Canon, Flanders?
My experience is to rent Sony for one day for setting benchmarks, do the job on Flanders DM170 and Panasonic DX900 or 2017 models: LG B7/C7 and Panasonic EZ1000
www.dareksepiolo.com

Marc Wielage

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 am

DarekSepiolo wrote:I haven't faced that problem. I use DeckLink MiniMonitor 4K and had Sony BVM-X300, Flanders DM1700 and Panasonic DX900 feed from the DeckLink with no issues. Seems like the MaxFall problem of limiting energy consumption by UE regulations so your TV can't be too bright. Bureaucrats dictate you how to watch TV.

I believe you can bypass this protective feature at least on the LG 7 series (B7/C7/E7). Ideally in an HDR mastering situation, I would go with something like an X300 or Pulsar just to know what's going to happen in that world.

How are you handling the mapping to different ranges (100/400/1000/2000/4000 nits)? Are you using something like a Dolby CMU? This is the part of HDR that makes me nervous, because it seems like there's a lot of potential to get it wrong.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Piotr Wozniacki

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 am

Marc Wielage wrote:I believe you can bypass this protective feature at least on the LG 7 series (B7/C7/E7).

Do you know how exactly, Marc? My Samsung SUHD has all the right settings, including all energy saving stuff turned completely off (my monthly energy bills reflect this). And there even is a setting for dimming static output which doesn't do absolutely no difference, whether on or off :(
Marc Wielage wrote:How are you handling the mapping to different ranges (100/400/1000/2000/4000 nits)? Are you using something like a Dolby CMU? This is the part of HDR that makes me nervous, because it seems like there's a lot of potential to get it wrong.

This is why I don't play with HLG or Dolby Vision; with HDR10 you simply must do separate grades/exports for each and any nit specs you need, or might need....

Piotr

Piotr Wozniacki

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 am

DarekSepiolo wrote:
Piotr Wozniacki wrote:Sure; at least I know it's not my Decklink doing this :)
Piotr

PS. I'm Saving for a true HDR monitor, and since at 63 I don't have enough time for saving that much - seriously considering getting the Atomos Sumo....

What true HDR monitor do you have in mind? Sony, Canon, Flanders?
My experience is to rent Sony for one day for setting benchmarks, do the job on Flanders DM170 and Panasonic DX900 or 2017 models: LG B7/C7 and Panasonic EZ1000

Dreaming about Sony; will probably end up with the Sumo - at least it will do double duty as a field monitor/recorder. I have the Shogun Inferno, but for 2 camera gigs I'd do with one more - the DNxHR/ProRes/CDNG quality is incredible, compared to Sony's XAVC or Panasonic's no-name H.264... Also, sometimes I'd hook up the 7" Shogun (in addition to my 49" SUHD), and the brightest parts of this little toy's screen are wonderful - much more convincing than on my Samsung SUHD! The Sumo would be more usable at 19", but it's not as bright as the Inferno (1,200 vs. 1,500 nits).

PS. Darek - znalazlem Twoj kanal na Youtube; HDR wyglada swietnie na moim Samsungu - coz, niestety zbyt wiele sladow kompresji. So yes - streaming your clip from Youtube does switch my Samsung into HDR mode !!! There is also the SDR version available, and the difference is clear.

DarekSepiolo

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 7:20 am

Small HD nie ćwiczyłem poza modelem 4,3". Trudno mi coś o nich powiedzieć.
YT kompresuje, ale radzi sobie z sygnałem HDR. Albo YT albo Netflix właściwie 2 miesca są w tej chwili
Last edited by DarekSepiolo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.dareksepiolo.com

Piotr Wozniacki

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 am

DarekSepiolo wrote:Small HD nie ćwiczyłem poza modelem 4,3". Trudno mi coś o nich powiedzieć.
YT kompresuje, ale radzi sobie z sygnałem HDR. Alot YT albo Netflix właściwie 2 miesca są w tej chwili

Small HD? Ja mam na mysli Atomos :)

Piotr

DarekSepiolo

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:How are you handling the mapping to different ranges (100/400/1000/2000/4000 nits)? Are you using something like a Dolby CMU? This is the part of HDR that makes me nervous, because it seems like there's a lot of potential to get it wrong.

I set the benchamrk at 1000 nits. I'm the artist so I make decissions. Honestly speaking no point in pushigh harder up to 4000 nits. This will hurt your eyes when grading. 1000 nits is good enough. The new OLEDs reach c700 nits. We rarely get to 1000 nits so if few shots are clipped so be it. Next year OLEDs shoud reach 1000 and we are set.
It's like a race for 4K not mentioning 8K... HD is more than enough for most of TV sets. Like the new Nteflix series Mindhunter. It's HD HDR. Who cares about 4K on 55" screen. Unless you focus on each pixel rathner then story.
We were asked to make 4K I suggested HDR but couln't convience the other side to stay at HD. This will change with time.
100 nits SDR version was just a matter of finding right LUT from RED. All clipps were groupped so one click and you've got SDR version.
www.dareksepiolo.com

Thomas Dove

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello Darek,

The videos are great - a question for you: how did you make the HDR version?
I can do the HDR grading in Resolve, then after this the only workflow that I have used with any success is to render out of Resolve in OpenEXR, then use FFMPEG to encode H.265 and MP4Box to make an HDR10 compatible MP4.
Can I ask what tools do you use?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Main Resolve: Linux Centos 7, Intel i7 16GB RAM, nVidia 1070Ti, Decklink Extreme 12G

Adriano Castaldini

PostSat May 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
DarekSepiolo wrote:Seems like the MaxFall problem of limiting energy consumption by UE regulations so your TV can't be too bright.
Hi everyone, so please tell me: I live in EU and was going to buy a new Pana 55FZ800 for grading purpose, then you tell me that during grading a frame I will have the same issue?

Thanks in advange.

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSat May 05, 2018 8:03 pm

All TVs do it- some less, others more. Nothing to be that worry about.

Apparently Eizo Prominence monitor doesn't do it, but this is 25K£ :) (even so later all TVs will do it, so your grade will be affected even more as you will push it brighter).
Last edited by Andrew Kolakowski on Sat May 05, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adriano Castaldini

PostSat May 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Andrew, you are a guardian angel!

Uli Plank

PostSun May 06, 2018 12:52 am

It's not only EU. Even if we'd build a lot of new power plants to kill off the climate, all TVs need to limit their power consumption or they would need massive cooling. If you increase nit from 400 to 1600, full frame white would mean 4 times the power. OTOH, that's just two stops more…
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun May 06, 2018 10:23 am

Dolby 4K nits monitor use to take 3 power cables- does it still do it? It's obviously unrealistic for home device.
Power to nits may not be actually linear equation, you may need 16 times as it may be ^2.

NimeshShrestha

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 4:33 am

It was so beautiful. I'm also trying to grade in HDR but so confused. Your workflow looks simple. Can you tell me what exact LUT from did you apply in this project? Thanks for sharing the project. It was really great.

Christopher Dobey

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 am

Thomas Dove wrote:Hello Darek,

I can do the HDR grading in Resolve, then after this the only workflow that I have used with any success is to render out of Resolve in OpenEXR, then use FFMPEG to encode H.265 and MP4Box to make an HDR10 compatible MP4.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Same here, I would like to know how Darek got correct HDR10 metadata directly out of Resolve.
I've been relying on ProRes 4444 out from Resolve to Compressor to get a file that will trigger HDR on my LG OLED B7.
Nikon Z6 | Ninja V ProRes RAW
Resolve Studio 18 Beta | macOS 12.3.1
Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro, 10 core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB memory
Pro Display XDR | Micro Panel

Willian Aleman

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am

Christopher Dobey wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Same here, I would like to know how Darek got correct HDR10 metadata directly out of Resolve.
I've been relying on ProRes 4444 out from Resolve to Compressor to get a file that will trigger HDR on my LG OLED B7.

+1 to these questions.
Willian Aleman
New York City
USA

Resolve Studio
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
MacOS: 10.15.7 (19H2)
processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Andrew Kolakowski

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 10:52 am

You can't get correct metadata into final h265 preview out of Resolve, so don't even try. Export intermediate master and use 3rd party encoders, mostly likely x265 based.
This is covered now in many threads and also on other websites.
All can be done within ffmpeg, Hybrid etc.

Michael Tiemann

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 11:34 am

DarekSepiolo wrote:After years of using Final Cut I switched year ago to DaVinci for whole post production process of 3-episodes series Underwater Planet 4K HDR. Few weeks of adjusting to new tool and new technology from Red - IPP2 allowed me to plan HDR/SDR workflows.[...]

Workflow... if you're interested
1. All underwater footage (c 100 GB daily) were copied to two separate drives for security. Usually at the evening there was always time to group clips, apply keywords, remove unwanted clips. I tried to keep only usable and if two looked similar I kept only one. Easier decisions during cutting.
2. Footage was imported to DaVinci Resolve and immediately I tried to group and cut clips into stories.
3. 99% of the footage came from Red Dragon camera. Raw setting in DR pref to have IPP2 Log3G10 and REDWideGammut as a starting point.
4. There was editor who did the cutting so I was back to DaVinci for HDR grading.
5. Color setup set to:

6. In Color Panle enable HDR Scopes for ST.2048
7. Get SDR and HDR Luts from REd.com and you'r ready to go.
[...]

Super-helpful! I created a project preset based on the above. I know there's a way to save projects to .drp files. If there were a way to save project presets to external files, we could save and share helpful starting points such as this. I know that the RED user community would appreciate that!
MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7
iMac Pro (2017)
3 GHz Intel Xeon W
64GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
RED Rocket-X
Decklink 8K Pro card feeding FSI XM310K Monitor

Piotr Wozniacki

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 am

So Darek - myself being the first who dared mention I'm attempting HDR10 grading some 2 years ago (I remember how the most prominent members here laughed at me, saying I can't possibly know what I was talking about) - and soon after yourself with your truly wonderful achievements - are we both dumb Pollacks or what?

:)

Piotr

PS> I must admit the most difficult was encoding HEVC files with appropriate flags to fire HDR10 - and again: it was Andrzej Kolakowski who came for rescue (another Pole, BTW.) - thanks so much Andrew!

Piotr Wozniacki

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 11:41 am

DarekSepiolo wrote:

May I ask you though, Darek, why are you bypassing color space/gamma on input in RCM?

Thanks,
Piotr

Willian Aleman

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
DarekSepiolo wrote:

May I ask you though, Darek, why are you bypassing color space/gamma on input in RCM?

Thanks,
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

This is because RCM behaves as ACES, where IDT for camera raw format is not needed. Resolve is used to debayer the footage behind the scene before any other color tools. In addition, this allows having independent IDTs when having a different type of clip codecs in the Timeline. Then, each one of them can receive the corresponding IDT at the node or clip level. The above also applies to other color grading applications.
Willian Aleman
New York City
USA

Resolve Studio

Piotr Wozniacki

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Willian Aleman wrote:Hi Piotr,

This is because RCM behaves as ACES, where IDT for camera raw format is not needed. Resolve is used to debayer the footage behind the scene before any other color tools. In addition, this allows having independent IDTs when having a different type of clip codecs in the Timeline. Then, each one of them can receive the corresponding IDT at the node or clip level. The above also applies to other color grading applications.

Ach - even though we have been in touch with Darek, it never occurred to me he filmed RAW (I do log 95% of all my filming)... Silly me - now all clear. Thanks

Piotr

Willian Aleman

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Willian Aleman wrote:Hi Piotr,

Ach - even though we have been in touch with Darek, it never occurred to me he filmed RAW (I do log 95% of all my filming)... Silly me - now all clear. Thanks

Piotr

Yes. If the Timeline is using the same log footage from the same camera, we can apply the IDT at Timeline level. However, if we have different types of log and codecs the same workflow, (bypassing the IDT) applies.

Resolve 15 also allows having independent gamma at node and clip level in addition to the color space.
Willian Aleman
New York City
USA

Resolve Studio

DarekSepiolo

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 6:27 am

Sorry for late replay I was away shooting for next project.

The workaround was very simple. I just rendered ProRes4444 out of DaVinci and upload the file to YouTube for internet preview. My Panasonic DX900 with Google Chromecast recognized HDR content.
I know YT haveing no metadata assumes grading on Sony BVM X300, 1000 nits, MaxFALL 180 nits.
Master files were delivered to Discovery, Samsung and Dolby and I've got no comment on grading.

Cheers
Darek

Christopher Dobey wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Tom

www.dareksepiolo.com

DarekSepiolo

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 am

Hi Piotr,

I remember our talks about HDR more than a year ago. It was like a gimmick to most people and try to buy a new TV without HDR this year. I believe it will not be a story of 3D comming and going. HDR will stay with us.

Poland seems to be strong on HDR :) I talked to Andrzej too.

Piotr Wozniacki wrote:So Darek - myself being the first who dared mention I'm attempting HDR10 grading some 2 years ago (I remember how the most prominent members here laughed at me, saying I can't possibly know what I was talking about) - and soon after yourself with your truly wonderful achievements - are we both dumb Pollacks or what?

:)

Piotr

PS> I must admit the most difficult was encoding HEVC files with appropriate flags to fire HDR10 - and again: it was Andrzej Kolakowski who came for rescue (another Pole, BTW.) - thanks so much Andrew!
www.dareksepiolo.com

DarekSepiolo

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 am

I agree with Willian. The main point was using RedRAW (underwater) and H.264 (drone) in the same timeline.

Willian Aleman wrote:
Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
DarekSepiolo wrote:

Thanks,
Piotr

Hi Piotr,

www.dareksepiolo.com

Lucius Snow

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Hello,

Just a few questions... Do you activate "Luminance mapping" / "1000 nits" because it's better when you work on a monitor which displays 1000 nits max.? What happens if you disable it? If I understand well, this option only makes clipping, right?

I've seen the same workflow around without this option disabled... and people were working with a 1000 nits HDR monitor.

Thank you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve