Sekonic target exposure chart II 2

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

chrisconway

Sekonic target exposure chart II 2

PostSun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am

2 topics to do with the sekonic exposure target 2

Calibration with Sekonic L-478
I calibrated my meter for my Ursa Mini yesterday. I came across an issue which I am not experienced enough to be sure about. I will test it but here is my finding.

I shot my -/+5 stop shots RAW and put them in Davinci and output them at sRGB Tiffs, when I put them through the DTS software it showed my camera Dynamic Range to be 7.8.
I put the same shots in Adobe lightroom and exported them straight as sRGB tiffs, the DTS came back with 11.7. This seemed to be the right answer as the Ursa Mini 4K is about 12 stops in the specs, but how do I know the DTS is giving me the right results, can I trust my Light Meter now?

Davinci Resolve Balance
£120 for the exposure target is a lot of money just to calibrate the Light Meter.
How can I put it to more use.
1. Great for white balance my Ursa Mini
2. I know the exact value in LAB (from the manual of the chart) for each square so I can use the to correct the colour in highs Mids and shadows as well as light and shadow points.

Requests to Blackmagic
Allow the colour picker to show other values other that RGB. LAB would be great
Include the sekonic exposure chart into the matching section, we know the colour values across the chart, it should be too hard to allow it to automatically map the values

Any opinions are welcome.

Chris

Return to DaVinci Resolve