Video Waveform monitor / Vectorscope

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Paul Gibbons

Video Waveform monitor / Vectorscope

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello to the forum!

I have a question that I have been unable to find an answer to, neither on the BM website, searching the forum or my experience with R12 of Resolve. Namely, is there a video waveform monitor / vectorscope anywhere in the product, in either the basic or the Studio version? If not, how does one do grading or picture manipulation without these tools?

I learned editing using analog video gear which pretty much required WFMs and vectorscopes to do any kind of professional camera and editing work and I have since been a long time user of NewTek's SpeedEdit which can prominently display both of these tools.

Thanks!
Paul

Jack Swart

Re: Video Waveform monitor / Vectorscope

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 11:40 pm

From page 676 of the DR 14 manual....

To open video scopes from the Media, Color, or Deliver pages, do one of the following:
‚ Choose Workspace > Video Scopes > On/Off (Command-Shift-W) to open video scopes into a floating window.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Paul Gibbons

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Jack Swart wrote:From page 676 of the DR 14 manual....

To open video scopes from the Media, Color, or Deliver pages, do one of the following:
‚ Choose Workspace > Video Scopes > On/Off (Command-Shift-W) to open video scopes into a floating window.

Thank you, Jack! I was delaying upgrading to R14 until I got this info. BTW, does this work in R12?

I will check myself, but just wanted to know.

Thanks again!
Paul

mariano_t

PostSun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Once I upgraded to R14, everytime I go fullscreen mode, the scopes floating window (which is in a external monitor) closes - so I have to press (Command-Shift-W) every minute to reopen it.
This is slowing down a lot the process and didn't ever happened with R12. Does anyone had the same problem?

I have macOS Sierra 10.13.4 and Resolve 14.3.0.014

Any help would be very appreciated!

thanks

Return to DaVinci Resolve