No audio in the timeline? [new GoPro footage]

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Ols

No audio in the timeline? [new GoPro footage]

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 am

I recently started using Davinci Resolve to edit a vacation video. I'm using a mix of iPhone videos and videos pulled from my GoPro Hero 6. The files all import to Resolve with no issues, and all the iPhone footage has audio, but the GoPro files don't play audio in Resolve at all. The waveform in the timeline shows that there is no audio. When I run these same files through MPC-HC or VLC player, the audio plays just fine.

The audio format on these GOPro files looks to be AAC 48000Hz stereo 189kbps. The audio from the iPhone videos is AAC 44100Hz mono, 96kbps.

Is there something wrong with my project or timeline settings that is keeping this GoPro audio from working in the video? Anything y'all would recommend I do?

Andrew Ols

Re: No audio in the timeline? [new GoPro footage]

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 11:15 pm

I have some updates...

1. Videos play just fine in all the video playing applications I use on both Windows 10 and OSX.
2. Videos work perfectly in Resolve on OSX. Video and audio both works.
3. In resolve in Windows 10, there's no audio, but the video works fine.
4. I posted the video online, on my Google Drive, and others have downloaded and tested on their computers, and they have the same issue. Here's a link if others want to try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MrgK_K ... sp=sharing

Anyone else have thoughts on this? How can I get the audio working on this GoPro Hero 6 footage in Resolve on Windows 10?? Getting fairly desperate.

Lee Reichel

Re: No audio in the timeline? [new GoPro footage]

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 1:45 pm

It works for me under Resolve Studio 15, no beta. Make sure the circled option in the timeline options is selected Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve