Crashes opening project in OpenCL, Metal exports distorted

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James.Jeffrey

Crashes opening project in OpenCL, Metal exports distorted

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 am

I've been working on a project for a few days, a 45 minute xml import from Premiere and last night I exported it with my CPU configuration set as Metal but Resolve would only export a blue distortion (image attached) so I changed the CPU configuration to OpenCL, restarted Resolve, and it was able to export without issue, but when I went back today to open the project file (as OpenCL) Resolve promptly crashes every time I open it. If I change the GPU configuration back to Metal it will open, but the blue distortion while exporting still happens. Any ideas? Resolve won't let me set it to CUDA and the preferences pane says the CUDA driver needs to be updated but no newer driver is available (on 9.0.222).

Already tried rebooting and reinstalling. On Resolve 14.0.1.008, late 2013 MacBook Pro with 750M, macOS 10.13.1.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.28.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 6.28.16 PM.png (926.45 KiB) Viewed 572 times

James.Jeffrey

Re: Crashes opening project in OpenCL, Metal exports distort

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 2:02 am

Found a solution of sorts by following this tutorial here and installing the NVIDIA web driver: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topi ... t-solved-/

If I run Resolve in Metal the exports are no longer distorted, however in OpenCL Resolve crashes as soon as I open a project and in CUDA crashes on the splash screen.

Return to DaVinci Resolve