red codec settings media pool

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

red codec settings media pool

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 10:59 am

I remember selecting multiple clips in the media pool and adjusting the red raw settings, but i cant find the option anymore (when right clicking), is it gone?

Hector Berrebi

Re: red codec settings media pool

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Rick van den Berg wrote:I remember selecting multiple clips in the media pool and adjusting the red raw settings, but i cant find the option anymore (when right clicking), is it gone?

Hi Rick
Not sure about that Media Pool option, its available in other NLE's can't remember it from Resolve. You can do it in Settings - Camera RAW where you can define all Red SDK parameters in Decode using Project.

It will change all R3D clips in your Media Pool
the ones you don't want changed you can decode using Clip in color page, grab a still and apply to all others.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Rick van den Berg wrote:I remember selecting multiple clips in the media pool and adjusting the red raw settings, but i cant find the option anymore (when right clicking), is it gone?

Due to architecture change its now not in Resolve. Changed for v14.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 am

That was a very useful feature, Peter. We'd love to get that back.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Rick van den Berg

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

Hector Berrebi wrote:

Hi Rick
Not sure about that Media Pool option, its available in other NLE's can't remember it from Resolve. You can do it in Settings - Camera RAW where you can define all Red SDK parameters in Decode using Project.

It will change all R3D clips in your Media Pool
the ones you don't want changed you can decode using Clip in color page, grab a still and apply to all others.

thanks, sounds like a fine workaround, except if you want like half of the clips to be changed.
No big deal though, just something i found to be handy sometimes. i just dont really get the ''architecture change'' argument in this one :)

Jim Simon

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 3:09 am

I used this capability on every project. My indoor clips all got a Tungsten While Balance, and the outdoor clips got a Daylight balance.

The current work around is...less ideal.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve