Bug: data burn-in incorrect for AUD TC field

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Seth Goldin

Bug: data burn-in incorrect for AUD TC field

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 5:31 pm

I synced some clips by timecode and then realized that the SRC TC for the camera was actually wrong by a couple frames.

After manually fixing the sync at the clip level on the Media page via the Waveform viewer, I noticed that the data burn-ins for the AUD TC field were wrong--even when pulling the clips into a totally fresh timeline.

Notice from the attached stills that on the Media page, at the clap, the video TC is 15:27:01:14 and the SRC TC data burn-in correctly displays as such in the Edit page. However, the audio TC is 15:27:01:16, and the AUD TC data burn-in incorrectly displays as 15:27:01:15. The Color and Delivery pages are also wrong.

I'm on Resolve Studio 14.0.1.008 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

The video codec is XAVC-S from an a7S Mk I. The video TC had been updated by LTC from a Tentacle Sync, but the a7S Mk I's own internal video stream is out of sync with its 1/8" audio input, hence the two-frame delay.

My hunch is that this has something to do with the fact that the MP4 container doesn't contain an actual SMPTE timecode stream, even though Resolve reads timecode from each MP4 clip as if each one did contain SMPTE timecode.
Attachments
Media-page.png
Media-page.png (904.86 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Edit-page.png
Edit-page.png (600.7 KiB) Viewed 780 times
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve