14.1 Lost RED footage in ACES

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Drew McPherson

14.1 Lost RED footage in ACES

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 am

I have upgraded to 14.1 and have lost access to any R3D files. (They all appear as black, Not Offline)
This happen when I am in when in ACES colour science and RCM. but not in Davinci YRGB.

Has anyone else seen this?

Resolve Studio (Full version)
MAC OSX 10.12.6
2 x 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6gb

WilliamHowell

Re: 14.1 Lost RED footage in ACES

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Oddly enough, I accidentally upgraded to Mac OSX 10.13.1 two nights ago... I was worried, but everything worked fine yesterday.. Today however...

About three hours ago I did the system update.. 10.13.2.. I just lost the video portion of all of my RED footage. It doesn't matter if i'm I'm the media/edit/color/deliver browsers.. The playhead moves across, plays the sound, but no video. I was on Resolve 14.1 when it happened, so I decided to upgrade to 14.1.1 to see if it would fix the problem, to no avail.

Again... I can hear the audio associated with RED Footage, but the clips are all black. I am in DaVinci YRGB, so.. That isn't the issue.

(update: our IT dept is combing through stack exchange at the moment looking for a similar issue that happened with a previous OS update)

Resolve Studio Full version
2013 Trashcan Mac Pro
OSX High Sierra (ugh)
2.7 Ghz 12 core Xeon E5
AMD FirePro Dz00 6 GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve