Resolve 14.1 always starts with setup screen

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Miroslaw Lawczys

Resolve 14.1 always starts with setup screen

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Resolve 14.1.

When I launch Resolve it starts with "Welcome to Davinci Resolve 14" setup screen with options "Welcome tour" and "What's new?". I did welcome tour and I did "Quick setup" after which Resolve displayed message "You're all set We hope you enjoy Davinci Resolve 14!". Upon pressing Start button, Resolve opened Untitled Project.

All good for first time, but I did expect that when I play with Resolve, save project, close the Resolve and open it again, I would be immediately presented with Project screen. This is not happening, every time I open Resolve it presents the same Welcome screen with the same option to do tour and same option to do quick setup. To get to project screen I need to skip tour, skip setup and than click home button from Untitled Project which Resolve always opens for me as a default.

It seems that Resolve does not remember that I already did the tour and quick setup.

How can I setup Resolve so on opening it goes directly to Project screen?

Miroslaw

Lan Freedman

Re: Resolve 14.1 always starts with setup screen

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Same here. Hoping for an answer soon.

Don Fink

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 12:31 pm

And I'm posting here too, hoping that someone will answer this question and I'll see the answer.

Don Fink

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm hopefully answering my own question in case it helps anyone else here. I was having trouble with the initial "tour" and "Setup" screens coming up each time I started Davinci Resolve, just like Miroslaw.

Yesterday I just happened to go into Preferences and change the Storage Locations to add another drive. After that, Resolve stopped asking if I wanted a tour, or displaying the setup screen. I have no idea if fiddling with Preferences is why it stopped, or if it was coincidence, but it might be worth a try.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 am

You could also update to 14.1.1 as this issue was address in the update.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve