Resolve User Project Not in Admin

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

William Edwards

Resolve User Project Not in Admin

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 am

I set up Resolve with one user, but it always went to 'guest' and not admin. Changing it to multiple users, I see that all my projects are indeed in guest but not in admin. How do I move all my project files over to admin without having to do it one at a time? (double clicking/dragging in the user window pane--which is basically just duplicating them)

Resolve 12.5
Win 10

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve User Project Not in Admin

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 am

In the Project Manager window, click the icon in the upper left (Group Projects).

In the database list on the left, select the desired database with the drop down selector at the top, then select guest, then right click the desired project and select Import. That will make a copy of the project in admin.

In Resolve 12.5, you can only do 1 project at a time.

In Resolve 14, you can do multiple projects at once.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

William Edwards

Re: Resolve User Project Not in Admin

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Log in as admin.

In the Project Manager window, click the icon in the upper left (Group Projects).

In the database list on the left, select the desired database with the drop down selector at the top, then select guest, then right click the desired project and select Import. That will make a copy of the project in admin.

In Resolve 12.5, you can only do 1 project at a time.

In Resolve 14, you can do multiple projects at once.

You just want me to upgrade to 14, don't you Dwaine!

Return to DaVinci Resolve