Were is the Save File?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AlexBillups

Were is the Save File?

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 pm

I am running resolve 14 on a mac. I'm very new to Resolve, I've tried searching the forums and google for an answer. When I hit "save" or "save as" in Resolve were does it go?

The point in asking is that when I re-launch resolve and go to File --> Import. It takes me to the user homepage. I am coming from Premiere pro so it feels odd not to have a File --> open option. When I made a new section and tried to save
1. it never asked for a save location and a default save location does not show up in any menu system I've looked at.
2. If I use a name I've used before it said I would have to override the old section to do that. (that makes sense if the project is sitting somewhere on my computer...but were?)

I feel like this must be simple. I appreciate the help.

Peter Cave

Re: Were is the Save File?

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 10:50 pm

I think reading the appropriate section in the user manual may solve your issue. Resolve uses a dedicated database and is not at all similar to Premiere.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve