In fact 3D grading is impossible with 14.1 and 14.1.1

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Fabien Remblier

In fact 3D grading is impossible with 14.1 and 14.1.1

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 3:44 pm

I already talked about those bugs :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66757
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66847
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=66109

but now I realize that grading a 3D film is impossible with Resolve 14.1 with this other bug that happens everyrtime I try to work on a node.
I use a 3 nodes architecture to work:

1st node is for 3D automatic grading from left to right to make the two eyes look the same and also for convergence settings.
2nd node is for contrast, pivot and saturation
3rd node is for color correction.

As my two eyes are exactly the same after the 1st node i use a global correction on the two eyes. But many times when I begin to work a the 2nd or 3rd node, the correction of the 1st node disappear.
After that, global correction is not done and correction is just done one one eye. i don't know why because the two eyes are chained.

I trie to add another node to make a global correction but it still does not work. Worse : if I delete the node or delete the correction in this 4th node, the correction in the 1st node disappear.

You can see the bug on this video :
http://fabienremblier.com/Resolve14-1.mp4
- In the beginning I have my 3 nodes.
- When i de-select the 2nd node you can see that correction disappear only on the left eye. Why ?
- If I deselect he 1st node (used to make the two eyes look the same) nothing happens, but the right eyes should become more blue that the left as it is on the file from the camera. But here, nothing.
- And the I deselect the last node and the left eye loose all corrections. Why ? I used this node only for giving a yellow tint to the both eyes and the correction was dome with both eyes chained.
- If I delete node grade on 3rd node, it is becoming delirious and left eye loose correction and right eye become blue...

Please do something quickly. It is impossible to work with these problems...
Last edited by Fabien Remblier on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fabien Remblier

Re: In fact 3D grading is impossible with 14.1

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 pm

NONE OF THOSE BUGS FIXED IN 14.1.1.
This is crazy...

Fabien Remblier

Re: In fact 3D grading is impossible with 14.1 and 14.1.1

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Fabien Remblier wrote:
I use a 3 nodes architecture to work:

1st node is for 3D automatic grading from left to right to make the two eyes look the same and also for convergence settings.
2nd node is for contrast, pivot and saturation
3rd node is for color correction.

As my two eyes are exactly the same after the 1st node i use a global correction on the two eyes. But many times when I begin to work a the 2nd or 3rd node, the correction of the 1st node disappear.
After that, global correction is not done and correction is just done one one eye. i don't know why because the two eyes are chained.

I trie to add another node to make a global correction but it still does not work. Worse : if I delete the node or delete the correction in this 4th node, the correction in the 1st node disappear.

You can see the bug on this video :
http://fabienremblier.com/Resolve14-1.mp4
- In the beginning I have my 3 nodes.
- When i de-select the 2nd node you can see that correction disappear only on the left eye. Why ?
- If I deselect he 1st node (used to make the two eyes look the same) nothing happens, but the right eyes should become more blue that the left as it is on the file from the camera. But here, nothing.
- And the I deselect the last node and the left eye loose all corrections. Why ? I used this node only for giving a yellow tint to the both eyes and the correction was dome with both eyes chained.
- If I delete node grade on 3rd node, it is becoming delirious and left eye loose correction and right eye become blue...

Ok so after some tests, I see that I don't have the problem if I make all corrections in one node only.
It's already a progress but I can't use secondary corrections which is still a real problem...

Fabien Remblier

Re: In fact 3D grading is impossible with 14.1 and 14.1.1

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 10:05 am

still have this strange bug sometimes on 14.2
I try to make a correction on both eyes and this strange bug happens.
I can make corrections such as pan (as you can see on the video) but when I make color correction this happens sometimes
http://www.fabienremblier.com/RESOLVE_BUG.mp4

Return to DaVinci Resolve