Trying to install 12.5

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sarah Coombs

Trying to install 12.5

PostTue Nov 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so I hope this is the appropriate method for posting.

I'd really like to give Resolve a try, but I currently only have a MacBook pro to download it onto. Here are the specs: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I tried version 14 and got footage into the platform, but there was serious lag because I'm pushing my system with that version. So, I uninstalled and installed 12.5, but it wouldn't open. It would try, but it would crash even before it got up and running. After doing some research, I attempted to check off the .dat files within the program and was not successful in finding the option that would allow me to do that on my mac. I found the files, but there was no "check the box" option. I also attempted to delete some lines after finding this advice on a forum: "There were a few lines, a fragmented xml nodetree that caused the issue. Deleted the lines. Everything working again." I found those lines, but wasn't able to delete them.

I'm not very well versed in computer knowledge, so am at a stand still.

Can anyone help me out? Sure would appreciate it!!
Sarah

Return to DaVinci Resolve