Auto-sync with timecode issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Tim van Zoeren

Auto-sync with timecode issue

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi,

I have a DNG-clip with a two-channel audiotrack of scratch audio. Also i have four audio-clips from a Zoom H6:

- a stereo-track
- a -20db back-up of that stereo-track
- a mono-track from a lav mic
- a mono track from another lav mic

I made sure the timecodes are in order using Tentacle Sync.

What i want is to add the four tracks of those files to the DNG-clip in Resolve's media panel using 'Auto-sync Audio Based on Timecode and Append Tracks', but I can't get this to work. Resolve will only ever append one track (with either one or two channels, depending on whether i select the stereo or the lav). I never end up with a dng-clip with five-track/eight-channel audio i want.

Is there a way to do this or do i have to merge the audio files into one file with four one-or-two channel tracks first?

Willian Aleman

Re: Auto-sync with timecode issue

PostThu Dec 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Tim van Zoeren wrote:What i want is to add the four tracks of those files to the DNG-clip in Resolve's media panel using 'Auto-sync Audio Based on Timecode and Append Tracks', but I can't get this to work.

Hi Tim,
In DR, with LTC protocol, it's necessary to select first, >Update timecode from Audio LTC<, before selecting > Audio Based on Timecode and Append Tracks<.
Last edited by Willian Aleman on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Willian Aleman
New York City
USA

Resolve Studio
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
MacOS: 10.15.7 (19H2)
processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

PeterMoretti

Re: Auto-sync with timecode issue

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 am

Tim, can you post screen capture of your sync'd clip's audio properties?
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve