Option+Y not working correctly -- operator error?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Frazer Bradshaw

Option+Y not working correctly -- operator error?

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 am

Hi All,

I imagine that I've somehow set some setting incorrectly by mistake or something, but Option+Y is not selecting everything forward of position in the time line, though it was, in the same project, earlier today.

It's selecting the primary video track, but not selecting higher level video or any audio. If I unclick the Link, then it will select primary video and audio tracks that are linked to them, but not any other video or audio.

I bet this is an easy problem, but I'm scratching my head enough to ask you guys. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Frazer
Frazer Bradshaw
Director of Photography
Oakland, CA

Dmitry Kitsov BMD

Blackmagic Design

Re: Option+Y not working correctly -- operator error?

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Hello, Frazer,
please check the Auto Select Status of the tracks (this will affect certain operations that involve selecting).
You can use the icon that looks like this [<>] in the header of the track or you can navigate to the Timeline>Auto Track Selector.
If this does not alleviate your issue please contact local Blackmagic Design support office.
Blackmagic Design Sr.Technical Support Engineer

Frazer Bradshaw

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Thank you so much Dmitry. Yes, that was it. Somehow I managed to accidentally deselect the vast majority of tracks. I have no idea how I did it, but your insight solved my problem. Very much appreciated!!!

Frazer
Frazer Bradshaw
Director of Photography
Oakland, CA

PeterMoretti

PostSun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

You may have pressed Alt F9.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve