Logitech wireless mouse freezes when Mini panel is unplugged

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steve Lucky

Logitech wireless mouse freezes when Mini panel is unplugged

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm

I don't like to keep my Resolve Mini panel powered on so I unplug it between uses. Almost every time I do, my Logitech G602 wireless mouse freezes. The only way that I can get it to unfreeze is to unplug the mouse dongle for a few seconds and plug it back in. This will usually revive the mouse. Sometimes I have to do this a couple times before it seems to take. Has anybody else had an issue like this? I didn't see anything in my searches so I'm wondering if I'm a lone man in this wilderness.

Paul Steinberg

Re: Logitech wireless mouse freezes when Mini panel is unplu

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 4:05 pm

I have both the Logitech MX Master mouse and the K800 keyboard running off their dongle plugged into the same 7 port powered USB hub (Xcellon USB-7PHV2) as the Resolve Mini panel without a problem.

Is your dongle plugged into a hub and if so, is it a powered hub? Can you plug it directly into the machine?
Paul Steinberg csc
Toronto |+|Canada

Win11Pro. AMD 64 Core Threadripper 3990x, 128Gb RAM, Dual nVidia RTX 3090, Ultrastudio 4K mini, MotuM2, Thunderbolt 3, internal NVME PCI RAID (source) external thunderbolt RAID (target)

Steve Lucky

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes, it's plugged into a powered hub. I'll try plugging it straight into my machine and see if that helps

Steve Lucky

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Paul Steinberg wrote:I have both the Logitech MX Master mouse and the K800 keyboard running off their dongle plugged into the same 7 port powered USB hub (Xcellon USB-7PHV2) as the Resolve Mini panel without a problem.

Is your dongle plugged into a hub and if so, is it a powered hub? Can you plug it directly into the machine?

Yep, that seems to have done it. Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve