1 1/2 GPU Setup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Spencer_Meyer

1 1/2 GPU Setup

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 5:13 am

Anyone have any luck running the resolve UI with onboard Intel Graphics while reserving a proper powerful GPU for heavy lifting? I guess I'm just being greedy, but I thought I would ask. :mrgreen: For the record I was close. Managed to get Resolve to "run" for a little bit. (It didn't out right crash, but the UI would not finish drawing), so I thought maybe it was within grasp.
DaVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Jack Fairley

Re: 1 1/2 GPU Setup

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

This is pointless with Resolve 14. Graphics engine was retooled to eliminate need for a GUI card, provided you have a powerful GPU.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Spencer_Meyer

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Jack Fairley wrote:This is pointless with Resolve 14. Graphics engine was retooled to eliminate need for a GUI card, provided you have a powerful GPU.

I get that 14 is more efficient and doesn't "need" an independent GUI card, but it still seems to segregate display and compute tasks to separate cards when used in a Multi-GPU configuration. If not, then what is the "Use display GPU for Compute" checkbox for?

I understand that it's really intended for 2+ powerful GPUs, and not trying to cheese-it-up like I'm doing, but I don't really think it's pointless to attempt small tweaks in the pursuit of higher performance. That's what makes the world go 'round.

In any case, it doesn't work, and if it did would likely degrade performance as Resolve would probably limit working GPU to match the onboard graphics. Thanks anyway.
DaVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Al Spaeth

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Spencer
Apparently they have added Intel iGPU Quicksync support.
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=67842
Resolve 15.3 free Win 10 64bit

Return to DaVinci Resolve