While playing, I cannot switch to other pages

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Hector Corcin

While playing, I cannot switch to other pages

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

In Color page, while playing, I can switch to other pages, Edit page for example.
Good.
however, the problem is
In Media page, while playing, I cannot switch to other pages.
In Edit page, while playing, I cannot switch to other pages.
In Fairlight page, while playing, I cannot switch to other pages.

Tero Ahlfors

Re: While playing, I cannot switch to other pages

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Why would you need/want to do any of that when playing stuff back?

Reynaud Venter

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Tero Ahlfors wrote:Why would you need/want to do any of that when playing stuff back?
One example is adjusting audio clip gain during playback
(i.e. Increase Audio Level 1dB / Decrease Audio Level 1dB / Increase Audio Level 3dB / Decrease Audio Level 3dB).

Since these functions aren’t available on the Fairlight page, a switch to the Edit page is required to execute these shortcuts.

Currently, the user has to stop playback on the Fairlight page, switch to the Edit page, start playback, adjust clip gain, audition, repeat?, stop playback, switch back to the Fairlight page, start playback, continue editing.

Many little features, such as these, that are available on one page, aren’t on another, that require constant flipping back and forth between pages in order to achieve simple functions.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Hector Corcin

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Tero Ahlfors wrote:Why would you need/want to do any of that when playing stuff back?

To avoid needing to stop first, then switch page. I don't mind if it stops automatically when switching. And why does it work when I am in the Color page, but not in the others? It seems a bug to me.
It seems small details, but small details that are repeated many times...

Return to DaVinci Resolve