Feature request: render settings

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Guustaaf Damave

Feature request: render settings

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 am

Hi,

DaVinci Resolve is awesome!

My idea is to add a tab after Video Audio File

Upload

The user can enter FTP settings and the rendered file will be uploaded after rendering.

Would be nice to also be able to enter email settings for notification after upload is complete.

Thanks!

Guustaaf

Simon Brown

Re: Feature request: render settings

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

I would prefer they not do that, keeping their resources focused on what makes Resolve great and leaving people to use dedicated clients for uploading which are equally focused on that.

Nick Verlinden

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

I would like to take this opportunity once more to promote the idea of adding an sdk to Resolve, so that third party developers can add this kind of functionality to Resolve themselves, this way BMD's development resources can can stay focussed. Everybody wins :-)
macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra
Core i9 7920X, 32GB RAM
GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio 15

Marc Wielage

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 4:17 am

Guustaaf Damave wrote:My idea is to add a tab after Video Audio File ...Upload... The user can enter FTP settings and the rendered file will be uploaded after rendering.

The flaw with that is that if you're as paranoid as I am, you have to check the file more or less all the way through to make sure there's no issues with picture or sound and everything is OK first. I would much rather take a few minutes to do this first, and then manually post it with a normal web browser.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Cary Knoop

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 5:31 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
Guustaaf Damave wrote:My idea is to add a tab after Video Audio File ...Upload... The user can enter FTP settings and the rendered file will be uploaded after rendering.

The flaw with that is that if you're as paranoid as I am, you have to check the file more or less all the way through to make sure there's no issues with picture or sound and everything is OK first. I would much rather take a few minutes to do this first, and then manually post it with a normal web browser.

I second that, I always check the Resolve rendered file and then render a YouTube version outside of resolve.

PeterMoretti

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 am

What would be nice is for Resolve to have the option to make a bell noise or some other sound when a render has completed.

Also, background rendering would be a huge enhancement. It's in Media Composer and is an awesome feature that's definitely missed when you don't have it.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve