Exporting issues..

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ethan Goolsby

Exporting issues..

PostTue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 am

I just exported my first edit ever, Davinci was my first editing program I have ever used and I am using the free version- I love it so much. The only issue is when I exported it to my desktop I saw it saved as a .dpr file and I have never seen that sort of file before. I went to click it and it wouldn't let me watch it at all and I was pretty dumbfounded at it. I don't know what to do to save it to my desktop. I also wanted to send it over to my iPhone, I would also like advice on how to do that, when I tried putting it into my iCloud it said I needed to put it into a .jpeg.

I renamed it into a .jpeg and didn't know any other way to convert it and it didn't work.

I also ended up trying to find something to open it with and I used random stuff like explorer and Davinci and now that's permanently stuck in opening anything I saved to my desktop so I would also need advice to fix that into exporting into the original format it saves to..

Basically need help on;
-Exporting my edit onto my desktop where I can watch it
-Getting it into my iCloud
-Putting it back into it's original save file without having anything open it with (like having
it open with explorer or DaVinci itself..

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Exporting issues..

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 7:44 am

You have exported a project metadata file that can only be opened in Resolve.

You need to go to the delivery page after finishing your edit, select an in and out point or select entire timeline, set other render setting like file format and location to render. Add to render queue and then render.

Try rendering to h.264.
And spend some time reading the user guide.
Chapter 1 explains the basics
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve