Set up: Database not running?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JelleFerwerda

Set up: Database not running?

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post. Thank you for having me here, and please let me know when I cross board policies.

I have today spent 4 hours getting more and more baffled by something that should be straightforward.. Installing Davinci Resolve. :shock:

I am trying to set it up under windows, on an x64 machine.

Initialy the installer did not allow me to install postgres sql in the main install routine. So after installing the first time (I could not add something after initial install) and re-installing, I decided to install postgre sql 9.5 through a direct download from their website.

I edited pg_hba.cnf to add a line stating:
host all all 192.168.0.1/24 md5

Which reflects the IP address of my machine.

I also tried from the postgre side to add a connection with DaVinci password, as per instructions in the manual, part 11, page 84. Unfortunately, the manual does not specifcy the host to be used, and that is empty in postgre, so I could not safe it. I tried with localhost and the IP address of my machine. But in both instances Postgr complains that it cannot connec.t

I am pulling my hair out here. I hope this is something that you recognize, and a very simple fix is available..

Looking forward to getting some help. Thank you!

Jelle.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Set up: Database not running?

PostSat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 am

Hi, you need to use the Resolve installer but first, you should also report the exact OS version, hardware platform, number of and type of GPUs being used, storage type and other setup specific details.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve