Export to Protools With media from timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MarcusMcKinley

Export to Protools With media from timeline

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the editing process and collaborating with others. I am currently having troubles exporting my timeline to my sound editor.

He tells me there is a way to export my timeline as an AAF but also include the media files used in the timeline. I've tried doing this a few times now but when he imports the AFF into Protools it cannot link/find the media.

Any help or advice on this would be amazing.

My next step was going to be heading over and copying all my audio files to his external and then linking them from there... But I should also note that all my audio files are separated into folders and subfolders.

I'm up against it at the moment and in a bit of a time crunch...

Cheers,

Marcus
Davinci Resolve 14.0.0B.067

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
3.8 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Macintosh HD
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Travis Marshall

Re: Export to Protools With media from timeline

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Any luck, Marcus?

I'm having a similar issue. I can export an AAF file along with individual audio and video files referenced by it, but I need an embedded AAF for pro tools.

PieroLass

Re: Export to Protools With media from timeline

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 5:07 pm

try to open on protools 12...save the session and then go to any protools, like pt10-
or export to protools, import in premiere and export an aaf embedded in wave(works better with prootools).
In any case forget about metadata in protools from davinci!!!!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve