Installing 14.2.1 removes user installed LUTS

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

steve oakley

Installing 14.2.1 removes user installed LUTS

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 5:29 am

I *had* canon C300 luts installed. ran the latest update, they are gone. it seems this installer overwrites or erases / writes again the LUTS folder in SystemHD/Library/App support/BMD/D Resolve.

please don't delete my LUTS ! move them to a safe place, write your install, then move them back... or at least warn the user that they are about to be deleted ! now I get to reinstall my LUTS again :(

S
S
mac Studio Ultra 128gb OS 13.5+
TB3 ext 1TB SSD Cache, 1TB SSD Sys
4K 27Dell
Presonus Quantum 2626 TB3 Word clocked 96K
MiniPanel via enet
Behinger Xtouch USB via USB3 Hub->PCIe USB3X4 card
Wacom XL Pro

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Installing 14.2.1 removes user installed LUTS

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 6:12 am

If you place your user defined LUTs in a folder you added they should not be overwritten. If that's not the case please let us know.

That said, Resolve does provide LUTs, often defined by the supplier, and these are placed in the LUT subfolders the Resolve installer makes. If your LUT was named the same and it's in the folder we generate it's likely to be overwritten with the one defined by the supplier.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Ludovico Bettarello

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 10:10 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:If you place your user defined LUTs in a folder you added they should not be overwritten. If that's not the case please let us know.

That said, Resolve does provide LUTs, often defined by the supplier, and these are placed in the LUT subfolders the Resolve installer makes. If your LUT was named the same and it's in the folder we generate it's likely to be overwritten with the one defined by the supplier.

if U have LUTs in "Cinespace" folder installing 14.1.2 make this folder empty, updates in the past never erase this folder.
____ vimeo.com/internonotte _____
nMP 8-core d700 64gb AMD FE 16gb R832TB Ultrastudio 4k PVMa250 Tangent Element BMD Editor Keyboard
nMP 6-core d700 64gb xMAC PRO SERVER 50TB raid SAS Ultrastudio 4k Mini double reader Red Alexa SBK 8U flightcase

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Thanks for detail. We will investigate.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve