Resolve and Keyboard Lag

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

shame0360

Resolve and Keyboard Lag

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

I recently purchased a full version of Resolve. This software is used on a rMBP. Since installing this, I have found that I experience moderate to severe keyboard and touchpad lag once the dongle is plugged in. It definitely rears its head once I open the Resolve software, but also sticks around once I have quit the software and unplugged the dongle. Using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard appears to work around the lag that happens on the keyboard and mouse, but this is not always practical. This happens with 9.1.3, so I tried installing previous versions only to still see the same issues. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

*** This does not happen at all until I plug in the dongle and open Resolve. I have tried numerous combinations of actions and software and have (relatively) narrowed it down to something that is happening with either the dongle or the software***

shame0360

Re: Resolve and Keyboard Lag

PostThu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

I have called the support line after experiencing this too often. I was informed that this bug also reared its head on the rMBP with 10.8.3 that BMD was using at NAB. I was informed that it was probably 10.8.3 causing the issues.

Return to DaVinci Resolve