Formatted computer, how to access projects again?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James Harkness

Formatted computer, how to access projects again?

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

I formatted my macbook after backing it up. Now I'd like to be able to access my saved projects from DaVinci Resolve. I have copied a project folder back onto my macbook from my backup, but I am unaware how to open it properly. When i go to finder, "Go" while holding option, access library, application support, DaVinci resolve isn't showing up now. I figured I could've opened that up and placed the Backup project file in there but I am unable obviously. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Igor Riđanović

Re: Formatted computer, how to access projects again?

PostThu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

The disk database on OS X is located here:

Code: Select all
'/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Resolve Disk Database/Resolve Projects'

You have to restore the files from your backup into this location or Resolve won't see them.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

James Harkness

Re: Formatted computer, how to access projects again?

PostFri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 pm

thanks all i had to do was drag the project file from my back up into the new resolve project folder and voila, it was there.

Return to DaVinci Resolve