Unable to Drag Footage into Edit Panel

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Fathom Story

Unable to Drag Footage into Edit Panel

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 am

I am working on a project and have a lot of footage. Some of the footage has multiple sources of audio. For example, when I have interview footage, I have audio from a lav and audio from a shotgun mic. Both sources are recorded onto separate devices. Now that I have bins for the footage, I have one video and one audio source. I managed to drag 1/3 of the secondary audio source, but cannot drag the other 2/3. I just get a crossbar symbol that denotes I cannot drag the source onto the timeline. There is no explanation as to why I cannot drag that audio source onto my timeline. I do not want to open a new project and start all over again, especially if I have to run into the same issue. Can anyone enlighten me as to why DR suddenly changed its mind about adding additional audio footage? The audio source is WAV, so it is not a format issue.

Hector Berrebi

Re: Unable to Drag Footage into Edit Panel

PostSat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 am

Fathom Story wrote:I am working on a project and have a lot of footage. Some of the footage has multiple sources of audio. For example, when I have interview footage, I have audio from a lav and audio from a shotgun mic. Both sources are recorded onto separate devices. Now that I have bins for the footage, I have one video and one audio source. I managed to drag 1/3 of the secondary audio source, but cannot drag the other 2/3. I just get a crossbar symbol that denotes I cannot drag the source onto the timeline. There is no explanation as to why I cannot drag that audio source onto my timeline. I do not want to open a new project and start all over again, especially if I have to run into the same issue. Can anyone enlighten me as to why DR suddenly changed its mind about adding additional audio footage? The audio source is WAV, so it is not a format issue.

Hi..

I hope i'm understanding your problem correctly...
When you write "1/3 of the secondary" you mean a separate clip from the other 2/3?
You are dragging to the same destination track? Locked tracks and position locked tracks won't accept new clips...
Can you take a screenshot of the "crossbar symbol that denotes I cannot drag the source"
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve