Selected clip to edit window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tinniman

Selected clip to edit window

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 am

The workflow of not having the selected clip in the timeline be the selected clip when moving to edit window is extremely time consuming. I have to scroll and deselect the clip I want to work with. The selected clip in the edit window is always the clip on the track with the highest number ( in this case being the letterbox).

Is this the procedure or am I missing something here?

Hector Berrebi

Re: Selected clip to edit window

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 am

tinniman wrote:
Is this the procedure or am I missing something here?

A bit..

You should use Selection Follows Playhead in the timeline menu
and turn off the Auto Selection button for the letterbox track - its the one between the lock and clip icons on the left of your track. Read the manual about working with tracks and Auto Select in Resolve.

In the color room you can turn off the letterbox track (or any other) with a click on the corresponding track number in mini timeline (so it doesn't bother you when you work)

And lastly :) you don't necessarily need a letterbox track since Resolve offers an Output Blanking (again in timeline menu) option that functions quite like it.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve