Create XML based Projectfile for DaVinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jcoster93

Create XML based Projectfile for DaVinci Resolve

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi,
I have a unlikely question but maybe some one can answer me.
3 Years ago i've wrote a programm, that generate huge (finalcut) xml projectfiles with all timelines I need. Inside the timelines all assets are precuted in the right order and marks with comments above the timeline. The programm runs verry well the last years with premiere pro. Now I leave Premiere and want to use only DaVinci Resolve. For all my projects I need to use my programm cause it saves 2-3 day wokring per project. But there are some Compatibily errors between my software and the Interpreter of Davinci for the XMLs (timeshift between asset files and timeline, PNG files are interpreted as sequence not as individual frame, no folder structure inside the mediapool, no mark import from xml, only one timeline import per time). Now I write the xml part of my software completly new to work well with DaVinci Resolve. My first try was to create a fcpxml (1.7) file, casue it's a lot smaller than the old xml standart. But the issues are the same. My next idea was to build a complete .drp (Davinci Resolve Projectfile) to import all my stuff inside Resolve. The Structure inside the drp file (that is a zip file) contains the folders "MediaPool" and "SeqContainer" and also two xml files Gallery.xml and project.xml. The MediaPool folder contains the complete folder structure of my preset project and in each of these subfolders are a file called MpFolder.xml. "SeqContainer" contains only f63ab15d-abee-4216-ac2c-cd2e4823c9f5.xml.
Everytime I change something inside the drp, davinci crashes on import and i need to restart. But a drp rebuild with 7zip works well without any changes inside the drp

so now my question:
Inside the XML structure of the for e.g. are some numbers and codes where i dont know how i can generate these. which of them i ditn't need to use? were i can find a documentation of these.?
or dit anyone have another idea?
for e.g.:

<SM_Config DbId="079215f7-00f4-4675-9e7f-099a5e513007"> or
<SysId>107b449f139a</SysId> or
<SM_Setup DbId="e932e7f2-fc48-4371-97d5-3652be0f8e2e"> or
<FieldsBlob> (extreme long hexadecimal number)</FieldsBlob> or
<Buffer> (extreme long hexadecimal number)</Buffer> or
<Sm2GroupList DbId="7b6b8d8a-be18-4060-b784-33c7fde5c78b"> or

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Create XML based Projectfile for DaVinci Resolve

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 am

Resolve currently does not offer the XML import and media management functionality you are looking for and our project files purposely obfuscate our IP. We will consider the request for a future version.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve