Linux: No Output in Media/Edit, but ok in Color/Deliver

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Perry

Linux: No Output in Media/Edit, but ok in Color/Deliver

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 8:39 pm

We're seeing a weird problem on our Linux Resolve. Upgraded to 14.3 today and we no longer get audio or video playback in either the media page or the edit page. Both work fine from the color and deliver pages.

When installing 14.3 I also upgraded the Decklink drivers to the most current version as of today, and that forced a firmware update on the Deklink MiniMonitor 4k card in that machine.

I've confirmed that the mute buttons are not enabled for the timeline, nor is the volume turned down in the timeline's audio controls. The meters are showing there's sound, but nothing comes out of the system. Picture doesn't update on screen until we switch to the Color page.

I tried disabling audio/video outputs, restarting, then re-enabling them, but there was no change in behavior.

We have a Windows 14.3 system and audio/video out works fine in that, on all pages.

Any ideas?
Perry Paolantonio
Gamma Ray Digital - 288 Walnut St Suite 105, Newton MA 02460
14k Film Scanning -- Color Grading -- Film Restoration
www.gammaraydigital.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve