Opening Client File - Backup or Just project file?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RachelFilmsThings

Opening Client File - Backup or Just project file?

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Do I have to have a client send me a backup for me to access their edit timeline or can they simply send me the media and project save file for me to open up in Resolve and reattach media? Is it as simple as opening the project file and then reattaching the media?

Silly question, I know.

Hector Berrebi

Re: Opening Client File - Backup or Just project file?

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 9:17 am

RachelFilmsThings wrote:Do I have to have a client send me a backup for me to access their edit timeline or can they simply send me the media and project save file for me to open up in Resolve and reattach media? Is it as simple as opening the project file and then reattaching the media?

Silly question, I know.

Hi Rachel.

No question is silly.

Its not a saved project, rather an exported one (creates a .drp file). just dragging the saved project folder from where it resides won't work. In that case (drp) you'll have relink.

You can also archive a project (right click in the project window) and create a .dra file that will include everything (media and even optimized media and cache files)
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve