Modifying Metadata of Clips in Smart Bins in Collab Workflow

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AlexWinker

Modifying Metadata of Clips in Smart Bins in Collab Workflow

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Hello All -

I have just migrated a project from a disk database to a postgreSQL database so that the editor and I can enjoy the full benefits of Resolve 14's collaborative workflow. We have set everything up and it all appears to be working properly except one thing: I am no longer able to edit the metadata of clips while viewing them in a smart bin.

The project is a feature doc shot over 2 months so keyword tagging and smart bins have become a pretty crucial part of our organizational process. However, not being able to add additional metadata tags while viewing clips in a smart bin is a huge inconvenience. I can edit the same clips when I view them through the regular bin display, and when we were on a disk database I was able to edit the metadata via the smart bins.

Has anyone else encountered this? Know a workaround for this? Blackmagic, is this something that can be fixed in an update or is there something essential about the collaborative workflow that requires this?

Thanks,
An AE in need

Return to DaVinci Resolve