Please please fix audio in DR 14

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dominik Bauch

Please please fix audio in DR 14

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 pm

DR is such an awesome tool but why is basic audio stuff so so cumbersome and buggy?

1. Why oh why can't EQ settings be copied and pasted between clips.... I'm referring to the built in EQ. Looks like a nice tool but I seriously have to eye ball and manually match settings over 200 audio clips....?

2. Why can't audio plugins be copied and pasted between clips... The check box is active in paste setting but no joy. How hard can it be to fix that. Been an issue since 14.0.

3. Used to be in 12.5 that audio plugins could be keyframed. Gone now.

4. 4 crashes in past 2 hours working on audio. Past 4 weeks editing and doing color: No Crashes...

All I pray for is similar audio functionality to Premiere Pro. I can audio mix a simple edit there in no time at all. Almost feel like audio was simpler in it's basic form in 12.5.
Resolve is light years ahead in terms of enabling editing and color in the same place, just saving the edit to color headaches is huge but why is the audio so badly realized? Just throw some corporate money at an adobe engineer to jump ship and rewrite the audio part of Resolve. Start a kickstarter if times are tight, I'll pitch in.

Sorry for rant, just frustrated at what Resolve could be as a TRUE all in one platform.

Dominik Bauch

Re: Please please fix audio in DR 14

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 am

And even more crashes all day...
Dragging audio file from source bin onto timeline: Crash
Dragging audio clip in timeline over another timeline audio clip. Crash

Please fix these issues Blackmagic. Very happy to help point out specific areas that need work.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 1:08 am

Can you please post your crash log and we will check? Help menu, capture logs. It keeps last 5 crashes logs so capture soon after a crash.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Lucas Hilty

PostThu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm

I have no interest in ranting, but this is a +1 on the ability to copy/paste EQ settings. As an alternative, it would be great to set EQ for multiple clips at once. This appears to be the intent, but when I try it settings are not applied to any clips.
All the same, EQ is a great addition.
Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz
32GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660Ti
Win 10 x64 Pro
DaVinci Resolve 15

Return to DaVinci Resolve