Audio Meters In Dual Screen Mode

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mattfezz

Audio Meters In Dual Screen Mode

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 2:17 am

Not sure if this is intended or not, but prior to v14 when in dual screen mode, in the edit room - you could have the audio meters to the right of the timeline (just like in single display mode).

Now the meters/mixer takes up a full panel on the 2nd display which is a bit too much when you just want to see the meters. I have attached a some screenshots showing what I mean.

Ideally I would like the audio meter in the same place on the dual screen mode as it is in the single screen mode. Is this currently possible? Perhaps I am just missing an option somewhere..
Attachments
single_screen_meter.png
single screen meter
single_screen_meter.png (85.2 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
dual_screen_meter.png
dual screen meter
dual_screen_meter.png (136.31 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
Mac Pro 7,1 | 3.2Ghz 16 Core | 192GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Radeon RX 6900XT | Ultrastudio 4K Mini
macOS 14.3.1 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 | Desktop Video 12.3.1

Nathan Morgan

Re: Audio Meters In Dual Screen Mode

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 am

I am just guessing but I think the developers are trying to maximize the amount of space for the timeline, hence moving the mixers to the second monitor and creating an option for full-screen timeline (have you checked out this mode?). It also feels like there is less emphasis on mixing and metering in the edit page as there are now a lot of those tools in the fairlight page.

One of the reasons your mixer area is so large is that that space is shared with the edit index which in your screenshots is closed.

Lastly to answer your question in my understanding there is not a way to arrange the UI in the way you are hoping to in dual screen mode. I feel your pain though personally, I have been missing the mini meters that used to appear above the timeline but I am encouraged by the changes the dev team is making and am excited to see the next version!!
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve